- MES Makina Elektrik Kimya San. A.S. has been established in 1965 in Istanbul for the production of welding machines and electronic components as well as chemical surface treatment.
- In 1974, MES has focused on the production of aluminium parts.
- In addition to forging and extrusion, new additional processes were developed through late 1970s for aluminium alloys forming; impact extrusion and deep drawing.
- Focused on the production of aluminium parts for automotive industry in 1988.
- The first export activity performed (to Germany) in 1993.
- Moved to new facilities built on 16.000 m2 in Gebze-Kocaeli in 1998.
- Started the serial production of aluminium alloy high pressure gas cylinders in 1999.
- Certification of quality management system to ISO 9002:1994 in 2001.
- Transition to new management organization aiming worldwide marketing and business development in 2002.
- Awarded "Best Performance / Metals Industries" by Kocaeli Chamber of Industry in 2008.
- In "Stars of Export Awards 2009" MES was honored a 2nd place in "Creative Product".
- Recertification of quality management system to ISO 9001:2008 by TUV in March 2010.